Saturday, September 11, 2010

Making the World Greener, One Plant at a Time

Flowers, computerImage via WikipediaBy Ryan Coisson

We all need green. It lifts our souls and speaks to our beings. Beautiful plants bring us a breath of fresh air and an oasis from the concrete city we live in. A hidden garden, a single rose plant, a dracaena growing tall and proud, a rough cactus growing straight and tall, a bamboo palm looking tropical calling us to travel. Houseplants, yard plants or just a pot of flowers for the table, remind us that we are part of nature, part of the earth and it calls to us.

I get up early in the morning and even though I don't have a a lot of space, I grow pot after pot of everything imaginable. I have tomatoes in pots, cucumbers, herbs, flowers pots with a profusion of blooming color, I have shrubs shaped and interesting. My patio is my oasis and I start my day among the growing, living things. I often read for a minute as I eat breakfast outside with my flowers and plants. I love our city, I love the hustle and energy this city offers, I love the buildings, the taxis, that early morning bakeries, I love the night life and the pride New York owns. But sometimes after a long week at the office, the concrete gets to me and I long for green, I long for streams, flowers, trees and beauty that only nature can provide. I can't always get to the park as often as I would like but the next best thing is my little patio of pots and a tiny water feature. I love the sound of running water, even in miniature. The world may be going on helter skelter around me, but I can escape for a minute among my ferns and flowers.

The need for green is universal I think, the need to walk, to think to unwind among trees and grass. It soothes the soul and gives peace to chaos. It is hard to feel uptight when wandering along a path, meandering across a bridge or strolling through flowers. The burdens seem lighter, the world just seems a better, more hopeful place. The most hopeful of all are perennials. I love as the snow begins to melt, hope comes calling in the form of a bulb pushing through the cold and frost to look at the world once again. It is a time or renewal, we made it through the winter and the promise of spring, flowers, sun and warmer days are upon us. We need plants in New York, there are a multitude of varieties that grow well. They remind us that we are a part of nature, part of the earth and they do call to us. Enjoy the green!

Manhattan Plant Design Experts (http://www.manhattanplant.com/) began providing service to the commercial and corporate community plants New York. Currently, we maintain plants and flowers for more than 2,000 satisfied clients.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ryan_Coisson
http://EzineArticles.com/?Making-the-World-Greener,-One-Plant-at-a-Time&id=4840881

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment