Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sea Pollution - The Wonder of the Sea!

ParadiseImage by Fabi Fliervoet via FlickrBy Dr Bob Wilkerson

The sounds of an ocean wave can calm a soul. The distinct smell of salt air can bring comfort to the weary heart. A beer can, cigarette butt, and tar balls steal the splendor of our beautiful ocean. I will never grow tired of walking along the sea shore. The wonderful sounds of waves crashing, sea gulls bellowing and the smell of salt air filling my nostrils always brings a sense of awe to my soul.

Today I walked along a rocky stretch of beach taking pictures and enjoying the moment then I happened upon the villain. This villain was dead but its presence remained. It had no fire but it carcass remained the same. I didn't decade like the remains of an animal. In fact, it will remain for ever on the beach if someone doesn't pick it up and place in a trash can where it belongs. Someone had smoked a cigarette and left the filter on the beach.

I don't have a problem with smokers but I do have a problem with picking up dead old butts.

Not far from the butt a plastic bottle laid frozen in the rocks. The splendor of the ocean was superseded by the waste of humans. For a moment I thought of days gone by when I didn't really care about sea pollution or any pollution and forgiveness filled my heart. However, I felt sorry for those who cannot or will not see the wonder of creation. I remember the emptiness of heart without appreciation for the gifts so freely given. I remember the cold days before my environmental resurrection. No, I am not a radical environmentalist like some but I do love the ocean.

I cannot make anyone see the wonder of the ocean. Yet, I can always remember what it was like when I was blind to the beauty of a wave. I can remember the darkness in my heart and never let it over take me again.
I am not going to point an accusing finger at those who disregard our seas. What I can say is, "but for the grace of God there go I."

Dr Bob is President and co-founder of Going Green for Life - "Nature's Solution for Living." He is also committed to providing education, inspiration and information about how to change to a green life style. You will love his website. http://www.goinggreen-forlife.com Going Green for Life has started the CLEAN OCEAN PROJECT. We invite you to join in the fight to keep our ocean clean. To learn more go to http://www.goinggreen-forlife.com/ocean-pollution.html

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dr_Bob_Wilkerson
http://EzineArticles.com/?Sea-Pollution---The-Wonder-of-the-Sea!&id=4732859

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment