Wednesday, December 30, 2009

CLIMATE CHANGE: The Eco Challenge

By Stanley Lai

Discomfort

Do you feel uneasy, looking at the environment around you getting polluted? Some say that it will be dealt with eventually, and some even view this as, "not near me or my area, so, none of my business!" Yes, in this modern society, the mindset you were thinking about is like at work, mind your own business! However, wherever you live, go to or plan to move to, the effects of this environmental damages you simply ignored, will affect you if everybody wants to mind their own businesses!

Ignorance

Staying ignorant or oblivious to the ever-rising levels of pollution, levels of damage to the environment, far from you; does not mean, you are at a "safe distance", from a disaster zone. Yes, there will be debates on economic costs and the price of "cleaning up the mess". But have you watched movies, studied or participated in communal activities and events? Somehow, there is an education of the term "spill over" effect. Which means what happened there, may occur here, someday or soon!

Earth

I try to understand what people think, and many people I converse with tell me "you, alone cannot make the change which is insufficient, or even sustain the changes with the actions needed being so tedious and expensive". So, I propose, "just do the right thing, within your means", you may not be responsible for the current pollution, but ultimately, the EARTH you live on is polluted.

I hope you support eco friendly campaigns like products that enable us to "do the right thing." As I support my mother, whose vigor in marketing her health, beauty and eco friendly products that prevent harm to people and the environment.

Stanley Lai is a cancer survivor who achieved in an awkward way and lived on. He now writes articles to inspire others and help them to overcome challenges in life; and living in Singapore. Living to learn, not that all traditional education. I learnt alot from him.
http://www.themindsexperts.com/blog/about-perry/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Stanley_Lai
http://EzineArticles.com/?The-Eco-Challenge&id=3325407

No comments:

Post a Comment